Standard Terms of Service
We do not disclose your personal information to 3rd parties.
Australian Warranties and Refunds laws - these laws cannot be waived.
Your right to refund by Australian law is met under these conditions:
- The product does not do the job you were led to believe it would
- The product has a fault that you could not have known about at the time of purchase
- The product is not of merchantable quality, taking into consideration the price and description.
- The product does not match a sample you were shown
- The product is not not as described.
We are not obligated by law to provide you a refund if:
- No proof of purchase is offered (Receipt or Bank Statement)
- You simply changed your mind
- You found the product cheaper elsewhere
- You knew of a fault before buying the product (ie "factory seconds", "clearance items")
- The product was damaged after purchase, unless the damage is a result of the normal, recommended use of the product.
- Reasonable time to return the product has been exceeded
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia Licence