The fledgling New Zealand vegan outreach group, Go Vegan is running a short essay competition on veganism. Writers must be from New Zealand but the winning entry/entries will be publishing internationally including right here on Viva la Vegan!
Go Vegan are looking for moving, well-written essays by New Zealanders explaining why they are vegan, and the ways in which veganism benefits humans, animals and/or the planet.
- Entries should be no longer than 1000 words long.
- The winning essay/s will be published on the upcoming Go Vegan website - launched on World Vegan Day - a new, National vegan outreach online project.
- There may also be an invitation to speak publically on the topic
- Go Vegan would offer the winning essays for publication in the New Zealand Vegetarian Society and New Zealand Vegan Society magazines along with newspapers and magazines across New Zealand, Australia, the UK and the US. When you submit your essay you are giving us permission to do so.
Go Vegan is a new, national organisation dedicated to growing the vegan population of New Zealand. Go Vegan openly support the cessation of commercial animal use and aim to achieve these goals in three ways:
- Vegan advertising campaigns
- Supporting activists with outreach resources
- Providing information for those becoming vegan to make the transition easier
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia Licence